- predator protection due to Aromatic Repellent
- ideal for level mounting on bended trees
- quadrant shape.
This model has five special features:
- Viewed end-on it forms a quadrant shape.
- The design of the two sides of the roof provides an air hole running along the entire ridge which is very important for providing ventilation.
- One side of the roof can be removed to provide easy access for inspection and cleaning.
- A telescopic, galvanised steel rod is ideal for level mounting on trees which, because of their size or lack of horizontal branches (e.g., a pear tree), would normally be unsuitable for Little Owl boxes.
- Martens are repelled by the use of our Aromatic Animal Repellent which is free of poisons and proven over decades.
Coarse sawdust or wood shavings and a mixture of sand and sawdust are ideal as bedding.
Siting and positioning:
On almost all kinds of trees except cherry, because the cherry harvest coincides with the time when the young are still at the nest site. The access for the birds should always face the trunk.
Cleaning and inspection:
The box has a large flap for inspection and cleaning purposes.
Ø 64 mm
The box is made of rings of wood-concrete surrounded by wood batons and roofing felt.
• Tube shaped box
• telescopic rod
• aluminium nails
W 28 x H 23 x L 93 cm
quadrant shape (r = 16 cm)
Ø 64 mm
approx. 9 kg