Product not available at short notice, delivery time about 20 months!
Through continuous research, SCHWEGLER Nature Conservation Products has expanded its extensive range of roosting aids.
The universal box is an ideal retreat for all bats inhabit-ing forests. The innovative interior design of both roosting areas provides the bats with an ideal climate from early summer to late autumn. The rear compartment is perfectly designed for larger species and is sufﬁciently large for female colonies and their young, as well as for groups of mating common noctules. Species inhabiting crevices, such as Nathusius's pipistrelle and Natterer’s bat, can use the small cavities of the forward compartment as a safe daytime sleeping area. The narrow entrance hole provides sleeping bats with extra protection against predators and disturbances. The universal box is also self-cleaning and maintenance-free. Both daytime sleeping areas feature clinging surfaces made of untreated wood, and quality SCHWEGLER wood-concrete. The grooved design makes it possible even for younger, less adept animals to safely cling to the walls. The inside ceiling height is suited to the needs of more than ten species of bat inhabiting forest Whenever the weather changes the bats can choose a sleeping area which offers them the best possible ambient climate.
The result of this devel-opment is a universal bat box with numerous innovations and many tried and tested features:
- the universal bat box has both hollows and crevices where the animals can retreat
- the high ceiling inside ensures a favourable microclimate
- crevices and hollows permit a wide range of species to roost
- a forestry-approved mounting
- maintenance-free, self-cleaning
- durable, safe and weather-resistant
- a quality product made in Germany
Siting and positioning:
- Trees, masts, raised hides. 4 supports built into the semi-circular rear surface ensure the universal box is stable, safe and secure in windy weather
- Best installed at 3 to 5 metres above ground
- Bats need numerous roosts and retreats at all times
- Even colonies move to different roosts after a few days, sometimes even daily
- It is possible to install groups of bat boxes of any type, thereby increasing the likelihood of inhabitation and ensuring their long-term use
- Bats prefer the ﬂight paths to their roosts to be unobstructed
- This will reduce the time it takes for a box to be inhabited
Cleaning and inspection:
- Self-cleaning and maintenance-free
- Use a torch or mirror on the underside of the box to check whether the box is inhabited.
- The universal box cannot be opened
Weather-resistant, breathable SCHWEGLER wood-concrete.
Clinging surfaces made of untreated, durable wood. Stainless steel mounting bracket.
Nest box, stainless steel hanger and aluminium nail
approx. H 87.5 cm x W 24.5 cm x D 19 cm
approx. 16 kg